Auto ignore legend and dem

All around LEONARDO 4 (and previous 2014)
AndiW

Auto ignore legend and dem

Postby AndiW » Fri May 22, 2015 1:34 pm

Hello all,

I am just found the auto ignore buildings and DEM button in the legend window.

Can somebody tell me what exactly happens by activating/disactivating it?

Thanks in advance.

Andi

enviadmin
Site Admin

Re: Auto ignore legend and dem

Postby enviadmin » Sat May 23, 2015 8:52 pm

In "auto" mode, the legend will be adjusted that it covers the whole range of data from the minimum to the maximum value found in the recent map.
However, grids inside of buildings and inside the terrain usually don't hold usefull data, most of the time they keep initial values.
So it makes no sense, to include those grids when calculating the span width of the legend.
Enabling the "auto ignore" function will automatically exclude those grids from the legend data range calculation
(the object data must be loaded on the special layer as it is the default setting)

Michael

sai3993

Postby sai3993 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:46 pm

enviadmin wrote:In "auto" mode, the legend will be adjusted that it covers the whole range of data from the minimum to the maximum value found in the recent map.
However, grids inside of buildings and inside the terrain usually don't hold usefull data, most of the time they keep initial values.
So it makes no sense, to include those grids when calculating the span width of the legend.
Enabling the "auto ignore" function will automatically exclude those grids from the legend data range calculation
(the object data must be loaded on the special layer as it is the default setting)

Michael

I am trying to read the EDT binary file using python code. I noticed the effect of 'autoignore' wherein the min-max of the values that I read are different from that given by Leonardo. So, I tried replacing the temperatures at buildings with maximum temperature of remaining grids of the given zlevel, but it yielded different max temperature which is more that the value given by Leonardo "autoignored" temperature range.
Could you give hint on what calculation is done in "autoignore" mode inorder to replace the temperatures in grid cells with buildings?

Thanks in advance!

helge

Postby helge » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:12 pm

sai3993 wrote:
enviadmin wrote:In "auto" mode, the legend will be adjusted that it covers the whole range of data from the minimum to the maximum value found in the recent map.

Michael

I am trying to read the EDT binary file using python code. I noticed the effect of 'autoignore' wherein the min-max of the values that I read are different from that given by Leonardo. So, I tried replacing the temperatures at buildings with maximum temperature of remaining grids of the given zlevel, but it yielded different max temperature which is more that the value given by Leonardo "autoignored" temperature range.
Could you give hint on what calculation is done in "autoignore" mode inorder to replace the temperatures in grid cells with buildings?

Thanks in advance!

It basically checks whether there are buildings, DEM, LAD or atmosphere is in that cell using the "Objects" 3Darray

sai3993

Postby sai3993 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:52 pm

It basically checks whether there are buildings, DEM, LAD or atmosphere is in that cell using the "Objects" 3Darray

Ok. After checking the presence of the builfing, DEM, and LAD, how is the value of temperature assigned to those cells is decided?

Thanks in advance

enviadmin
Site Admin

Postby enviadmin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:45 pm

It is read from the file....

Michael

sai3993

Postby sai3993 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:59 pm

What I meant to ask is "It has been noticed that Auto ignore mode modifies the temperature value of cells corresponding to cells of building i.e., the temperature value read by decoding float binary from EDT file, at these cells corresponding to building, are found to be different from the values at these building cells in the excel file that is exported by Leonardo. I am interested to know, what sort of modification does Leonardo do? "

Thank u for your patience..

enviadmin
Site Admin

Postby enviadmin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:22 pm

As written before,
The values of these cells are IGNORED when caalculating tje min- max range

Michael

Return to “LEONARDO 4”