Grey cell on the map border

All around LEONARDO 4 (and previous 2014)
Ila

Grey cell on the map border

Postby Ila » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:59 am

Hello Envi-met team,
I've done a simple simulation to test the facade greening. Model 64x64x25 grids with dx-dy-dz= 0,5m
Building 1 (3 m height, reference wall) - Building 2 (3m height, green wall) - Building 3 (8m, reference wall).

As shown in the image, there are some strange grey cells in the map border, near the building in the corner.
(The model inspector says "only very little space between building and model border", I can't fix this adding nesting grids, because the size will became too wide).
What could be the problem?

I have a doubt about the different air temperature value between building 1 and 3 - that have the same wall material -
Have you got some explanation about?

Thank for you attention.

Ilaria
Screenshot (242)_LI.jpg
Ta

Tim

Re: Grey cell on the map border

Postby Tim » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:25 am

Hi,

The grey cells are probably caused by the very high resolution of 0.5 m. Highest common resolution would be 1 m.

The reason for your doubts and the hint is that building 3 is directly placed in the corner of your model area. You need to leave some empty cells near the border. I'd increase the resolution to 1 or 2 m which allows you to move the building more into the center of your model area and have an open space at the borders.

Best regards,
Tim

Ila

Re: Grey cell on the map border

Postby Ila » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:59 am

Hi Tim,
thank you for your suggestion.
I'll try again with some empty cells near the border!

Regards

Ilaria

Return to “LEONARDO 4”