Licmanaging server is not working

Something strange in your ENVI-met? Please post here...
anewday

Licmanaging server is not working

Post by anewday »

Hi,

It seems that the Licmanaging server is not working as i tried to de-register my computer. could you please check and fix it. Thank you

Best regards,
anewday

Tim

Re: Licmanaging server is not working

Post by Tim »

Hi,

Thanks for the hint. Maybe it is connected to our PHP update (which affected our user forum here as well). We will check it and are eager to fix it as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Tim

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

It was indeed connected to the website updates and could be fixed now. It should work properly again now. Thank you for your patience!

Best regards,
Tim

epprado

Post by epprado »

Hello all!

I´ve also been facing problems when running ENVI-met. Every time the simulation is set to run, a pop-up window appears with the message 'ENVI-met License - Unknown error ocurred, please try again later'. When I search for errors in the Headquartes, the "License available" is stated as ok. If load the license file and try to register it, the same error message appears.

Don't know how to proceed.

Best regards,
Eduardo

helge

Post by helge »

Dear Eduardo,

You need to be online when starting a simulation. Maybe you are using a proxy?

Best
Helge

epprado

Post by epprado »

Dear Helge

Thank you for helping me.

The computer is always online, but the proxy option was indeed active. I've deactivated it, but the issue persists....

Best regards,
Eduardo

helge

Post by helge »

Dear Eduardo,

so you are using a proxy? Did you enter all information about it in the registration dialog in the HeadQuarter? Did the activation of the license then work?
Are you using the current build?

Best
Helge

epprado

Post by epprado »

Dear Helge

Here is a somewhat bigger picture.

Regarding the use of a proxy, I've tried to deactivate it, but to no avail (nothing worked). Then I checked the Machine uses a proxy box, but lthere are fields which I don´t know how to fill. Or if the use basic Authentiction should or shouldn´t be selected. The Windows proxy, when set to on, was automatically configured.
I must add that I´m toooooo far from being an expert when it comes to configuring this kind of stuff.

The following always happens:

When I check the License info... in the System tab, the license type, availability, 'Licensed to' and validity are ok. The License version is 0.0 (???).
Then, in the Manage Licenses, the computer name is correctly identified, Build is 17763, for Win10, 64-bit.

I get an 'unknown error' message when I click System tab -> About/Change Registration -> Register on machine button. This is the same message which is shown when I run the ENVI-met.

Finally, when I click Check for the latest Version, I also get an error message 'You seem to be offline', even though the computer is connected.

Really don´t know what to do.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Best regards,
Eduardo

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Eduardo,

The issue is most certainly connected to the license server issues we had early this summer. Checking for the latest version did not work anymore. You need to download and install the recent version of ENVI-met from our homepage manually to fix that. We informed every ENVI-met user via email and opened this thread in the forum: http://www.envi-hq.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... bc23134ac9.

Best regards,
Tim

epprado

Post by epprado »

Dear Tim

Thank you! There was a communication fault within our group, so the e-mail that you mention didn't reach me. I´ll resinstall the software.

Just an off topic: while comparing different material properties in the ENVI-met system database, I´ve noticed that the assigned values to the steel density and specific heat are, respectively 800 kg/m3 and 4800 J/(kg*K). These figures are quite dissimilar from those of other metals, including iron. Therefore, I would like to check whether the appropriate numbers should be 480 and 8000.

Best regards,
Eduardo

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Eduardo,

Those database entries are pretty old and were not checked for years. It is definitely possible that there are some mistakes. So, if you found those material properties, I would recommend you to create a new steel material with them and use that for your simulations.

Best regards,
Tim