error 'argument out of range'

Discussions about the Version 4 concerning the core model simulations
stsoka

error 'argument out of range'

Post by stsoka »

Dear ENVI-met team,
I am checking the simulation file in the 'check simulation' of the ENVI-met core and during the process I receive the message 'argument out of range'
I have checked the simulation parameters but I do not find any issues regarding the input values in the configuration file.

Any potential reason about this? Thank you in advance
Stella

Tim

Re: error 'argument out of range'

Post by Tim »

Hi Stella,

At which point does it happen? Did you check the correct spelling of the loaded files (INX, FOX)? Does the simulation run without doing the check?

Best regards,
Tim

stsoka

Post by stsoka »

Hello Tim,
Thank you for your answer,
The error message appears at the end of the simulation check, during the time of 'setting up output files, preparing files for check and test output'.

I have checked the extensions of the loaded files, they are correct and unfortunately, when I start the simulation (without the check), after a while it ends with the same message appearing

Kind regards
Stella

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Stella,

Did you enable NetCDF outputs? Maybe there is a standard library missing to enable netcdf writing.

Best regards,
Tim

stsoka

Post by stsoka »

Dear Tim,
Unfortunately the error remains despite the fact that I enebaled NETCFD outputs.
What I have noticed in the simulation check is that the following error appears. After that, I receive the 'argument out of range' message.

Yet, the strange thing is that the simulation worked properly without this error appearing in the simulation check, when I simulated the same study area two years ago with a previous ENVI-met version.

Thank you very much for your assistance
Stella
Attachments
error.jpg

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Stella,

Could you attach the files as zip here? I will try to debug the error.

Best regards,
Tim

stsoka

Post by stsoka »

Dear Tim,
Please find attached the simulation and the area input file.

Thank you once again for your help
Kind regards
Stella
Attachments
st-envimet.zip
(283.9 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Stella,

Please check your model area in 3d view in Spaces. You'll find around grid cell 134, 79 that the building was placed directly at the border and in addition, a Single Wall was placed inside of that open building. Please make sure that the SingleWall inside the buildings is erased. Additionally, you need to delete at least 1 or 2 grid cells of the building near the border so that the algorithm is able to close the building.

Best regards,
Tim