Error about "The temperature, the humidity or the CO2 field has become unstable"

Discussions about the Version 4 concerning the core model simulations
Lance

Error about "The temperature, the humidity or the CO2 field has become unstable"

Post by Lance »

Dear ENVI-met team,

I am running a complex model and an error occured shows below. It appears when the main simulation starts. I have checked the panic bump file but I cannot find some unrealistic values. I alse increased the numbers of nesting grids from 7 to 12 for a test, but the same error appeared. I have no idea about this and attached are the files of my simulation. Would you mind giving me some advice on this?

Thanks,
Lance
Annotation 2019-10-30 101256.png
Annotation 2019-10-30 101256.png (11.72 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Annotation 2019-10-30 101341.png
Attachments
Small_domain_FF.zip
(2.56 MiB) Downloaded 12 times

Tim

Re: Error about "The temperature, the humidity or the CO2 field has become unstable"

Post by Tim »

Hi Lance,

So, the panic dump does not show huge or very low values in any area (best look at it in 3D) for temperature, wind speed ... e.g.?
I opened your model area and I can imagine that there are huge turbulences near the border of the model area. I know that you used Nesting Grids but nevertheless I would recommend to leave more open space near the model border, especially if you have those large skyscrapers. In the extra options in the Monde Export Model area dialog, you can set the empty grid cells at model border to a higher amount... you could try to run the model again with e.g. 20 free cells...
To save some grid cells, you may shorten the area a bit in the southern area... a lot of space is taken by deep water, you could definitely save some 30-50 grid cells there.

Best regards,
Tim