Scenarios

Post here for very basic questions and request for help...
But: BEFORE you post, read the older posts if your question hasn't been answered before.
Please be specific. Q like "I don't understand ENVI-met" will most likely be ignored.
Tiziana

Scenarios

Post by Tiziana »

Hi!
I want to develop scenenarios, meaning that I would like to have a "as-built ENVI-met model" and three other scenarios in which I add greening (green roof and green walls) to the "as-built ENVI-met model".
I would naturally think that I can develop scenarios in ENVI-met as a function called scenario is already implemented in Monde. However, as far as I see, the scenarios which can be developed in Monde cannot distinguish the presence of a green facade or of a green roof; therefore, I have to do it in Spaces. Is this right?
Furthermore, If I want to develop different scenarios in Spaces, should I work on three different project? Is there any chance to work on a single project?

I hope my questions are clear enough. I look forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks in advance.

Tim

Re: Scenarios

Post by Tim »

Hi,

The Monde scenarios differ by the layers that they contain. If you have a scenario without greenery, you need of course a building layer without greenery. For the greened roof scenario, you use the duplicated building layer but added the greenery to the roofs and so on. Only all facades or all roofs of a building can be modelled in Monde, if you need to digitize only parts of a building as greenery, you will have to do that in Spaces, yes.

If you are simulating different scenarios of a project, you should of course use the very same project folder for all scenarios. Otherwise, you would have to copy the database etc. for every scenario.

Best regards,
Tim

Tiziana Susca

Post by Tiziana Susca »

Hi Tim,
many thanks for your reply.
Where can I watch tutorials about how to develop scenarios?
Could you please paste some links about this topic?

Thanks in advance,

Tiziana

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Tiziana,

I am afraid that there is no video on it yet but it is not that difficult.
You need to click Add Scenario in Layers tab and name it accordingly. If you go into layer properties of specific selected layers, you can change the scenario with a dropdown menu. Layers are then added to a scenario. You can also duplicate layers if they need to placed into both scenarios. In the dialog for the INX export, you can select a scenario via dropdown again.

Best regards,
Tim

Tiziana Susca

Post by Tiziana Susca »

Hi Tim,

thanks for your reply.
Let's suppose that I want to develop scenarios where a whole building (but not all buildings) are greened with a green facade. Please, correct if I misunderstood, I should develop a green facade in "greening" and I should assign a unique code (for instance, GR0001). If I want to import a scenario developed in GIS I should add to the layer "Buildings" an attribute called "greening". Then, I should add to the identifier (to the code) of the building I want to add the green facade the code of the green facade (i.e., GR0001). The stratigraphy related to the green facade will be added (when imported in ENVI-met) to the stratigraphy of the wall. Is that correct?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Tiziana

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Tiziana,

Yes, that is how it works. However, you need to make sure that you set the correct attribute column as greening ID attribute when exporting the GIS layer to a Modelling Layer in Monde.

Best regards,
Tim