Albedo_3D plants variables

Post here for very basic questions and request for help...
But: BEFORE you post, read the older posts if your question hasn't been answered before.
Please be specific. Q like "I don't understand ENVI-met" will most likely be ignored.
Maassoumeh

Albedo_3D plants variables

Post by Maassoumeh »

Hi ENVI-met team,

I am trying to create 3D trees in the Albedo program, as ENVI-met does not have relevant Australian native trees. There are different variables. Would you mind advise the best way to find the information for a special species?
For example, albedo and transmittance are measured by using different instrument through field measurement in previous studies, according to reviewing the literature. Is there any other way?
How about leaf weight, isoprene capacity, and root settings?

Thanks and kind regards,
Maass

helge

Re: Albedo_3D plants variables

Post by helge »

Dear Maass,

unfortunately there is no other way than finding botanical literature about a specific species and then entering them in Albero. The parameters: leaf weight, isoprene capacity are however only needed for BVOC-Ozone studies, so they are most likely not needed.

Best
Helge

Maassoumeh

Post by Maassoumeh »

helge wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:59 am Dear Maass,

unfortunately there is no other way than finding botanical literature about a specific species and then entering them in Albero. The parameters: leaf weight, isoprene capacity are however only needed for BVOC-Ozone studies, so they are most likely not needed.

Best
Helge
Dear Helge,

Many thanks for your reply.
I am trying to measure the Cooling Effect Distance (CED) and the Cooling Effect Intensity (CEI) of parks. Do you mean no need to specify the leaf weight?

Thanks and best regards,
Maass

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Maass,

Yes, leaf weight is only used for BVOC modelling and is thus not needed to be specified.

Best regards,
Tim