Full Forcing.... full of problems

Post here for very basic questions and request for help...
But: BEFORE you post, read the older posts if your question hasn't been answered before.
Please be specific. Q like "I don't understand ENVI-met" will most likely be ignored.
meteoman79

Full Forcing.... full of problems

Postby meteoman79 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:08 pm

Dear Envimet users,

I have the Envimet SCIENCE Edition 4.4.2 and I would like to run the model for a 100 x 100 x 30 grids space domain of 1.5 m horizontal resolution. I used 3D and simple plants, some buildings as well as DEM for the elevation of the model domain.
I ran the domain with Simple Force and everything was ok.
I tried to simulate the same domain using the Full Forcing method, importing a .fox file.
However, my simulation always stops giving me the error message “Could not find correct Tdew” or gives " Terminating thread 10564.Thread raised exception: [EInvalidOp] Invalid floating point operation".

Model details:
Version used : EnviMet 4.4.2 Science version
Model size 100 x 100 x 30 grids
Size of grid is 1.5 x 1.5 m, dz = 2m
without nesting grids
Simulation period – 1 day (24 hours)
Full Forcing

I have tried so far after looking at similar posts on the forum the following steps/changes….

1. Changed time steps to 2-2-1 and the 1-1-0.5
2. Full forcing with/without wind values
3. Full forcing with/without solar values
4. Full forcing changing the decimal values to integer values for all the parameters in .fox file
5. Change multi core to single core
6. Full forcing with/without receptor
7. add more border cells
8. Intermediate and Advanced full forcing
My model still tends to get stuck.
I try to change everything without any result…..
I noticed that changing the decimal values of temperature (in Kelvin, of course) in the fox file to integer the error message “Error dT/dt…” disappears.
Also, changing the decimal values of wind speed and direction the simulation stopped and the “Floating Error” occurs.
Finally, I believe that the problem is the .fox file as the same domain, with the same attributes ran successfully with the Simple Force.
Ι attach the files .INX, .SIMX, .FOX, projectdatabase as well as the csv file

Please help me to detect the problem!
I would appreciate it…..
Attachments
FullForce Project.rar
(98.12 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Tim

Re: Full Forcing.... full of problems

Postby Tim » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:21 am

Hi,

The FOX file and the CSV in your folder do not have the same values: wind values are 0 for a lot of timesteps causing the simulation to crash.
However, you cannot create the FOX file newly from your CSV because the longwave radiation values of the CSV are 0 for most timesteps. Increase them and then create a new FOX file.

Best regards,
Tim

meteoman79

Postby meteoman79 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:50 pm

Tim wrote:Hi,

The FOX file and the CSV in your folder do not have the same values: wind values are 0 for a lot of timesteps causing the simulation to crash.
However, you cannot create the FOX file newly from your CSV because the longwave radiation values of the CSV are 0 for most timesteps. Increase them and then create a new FOX file.

Best regards,
Tim

Thanks Tim for your suggestion....
I apologize for this file....
I have changed the fox file several times and I am really confused....
I replaced the zero values to the real integer values for the wind as well as for the LW....
However, the simulation is crashed again....

The correct fix file is now attached

I will appreciate any kind of help in order to find a solution

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Final_FOX_File.rar
(32.46 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Tim

Postby Tim » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:47 am

Hi,

I tested your simulation using this new FOX file and it works. Make sure that you use the latest version of ENVI-met.

Best regards,
Tim

meteoman79

Postby meteoman79 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:11 am

Tim wrote:Hi,

I tested your simulation using this new FOX file and it works. Make sure that you use the latest version of ENVI-met.

Best regards,
Tim

Dear Tim,

I used the 4.4.2 version of EnviMET....
The version was updated to Winter 19/20 version (4.4.4) yesterday as you suggests

However, the simulation is crashed again as you can see at the error message which was appeared (att.)

Is this fox file issue?

Did you complete the test simulation without any error?

Thanks for your help
Attachments
Error.PNG

Tim

Postby Tim » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:41 am

Hi,

The simulation runs, there are no code specific errors. I tested it for the first minutes of the simulation run.
Your simulation got unstable which can have several reasons. To avoid that you could increase spacing, enlarge wind channels, increase open space at borders, check wind direction changes etc. etc.

Best regards,
Tim

Return to “Beginner's Corner”