Decrease the horizontal resolution in a model area

Post here for very basic questions and request for help...
But: BEFORE you post, read the older posts if your question hasn't been answered before.
Please be specific. Q like "I don't understand ENVI-met" will most likely be ignored.
nathphil

Decrease the horizontal resolution in a model area

Postby nathphil » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:49 pm

Hi ENVI-Met team,

I have a very basic question, but just to be sure... How to decrease the horizontal resolution of an area in SPACES ? For example, I have a 500x500x50 model area wich 1m horizontal resolution, and in order to decrease the calculation times during the simulation I would like to get a area with 5 m horizontal resolution.

Do I simply have to modify the dy and dx grid sizes in the section "Edit settings/create new area" ?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

Nathalia

Tim

Re: Decrease the horizontal resolution in a model area

Postby Tim » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:31 am

Hi Nathalia,

In general, you need to simply change the resolution there. However, the area still has the same size and buildings, streets etc. are still at the same location but everything now got 5 times bigger. So, that will not work out for an existing model area. You will need to digitize it again in the new resolution.
However, you did probably not create the 500x500 model area by hand, did you? If it originates from Monde, you could just export the same subarea again in the coarser resolution without digitization anything again, which is the big advantage of Monde.

Best regards,
Tim

Return to “Beginner's Corner”