Problem in simulation

Post here for very basic questions and request for help...
But: BEFORE you post, read the older posts if your question hasn't been answered before.
Please be specific. Q like "I don't understand ENVI-met" will most likely be ignored.
ElisaPM

Problem in simulation

Post by ElisaPM »

Hello all,

Hope you are all in good health. I would like to share with you a problem I have faced with Envi-met simulation. I was using till August the complete version and moved to the PhD student version and now it seems I have some problems while running the simulation but I don't know where to check where or which is the problem.

Please find attached the screenshoots of the problems. If you would need the files I could provide them too.
ENVIMET-problems_page-0001.jpg
ENVIMET-problems_page-0002.jpg
ENVIMET-problems_page-0003.jpg
ENVIMET-problems_page-0004.jpg
ENVIMET-problems_page-0005.jpg
Thank you very much for your advice, help and support!!

Best,

Elisa

Dishant

Re: Problem in simulation

Post by Dishant »

I guess the version (student) that you are using does not support the multi-core simulations.

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Elisa,

Does the error occur for running the simulation as well?
If you have buildings directly at the border, you need to delete them.

Best regards,
Tim

ElisaPM

Post by ElisaPM »

Dear all,

Thank you a lot for your answers:

@ Dishant: I don't understand what does it means the "multi-core simulations" and how to adapt this. I mean, it is something related with the built space or it is something about the parameters of the simulation so I can modify this file?

@ Tim: Does the error occur for running the simulation as well? >> yes, I just can't run it, it gets stuck, there are no buildings at the border of the space...

In any case and just to ask, do you know someone that could do 3 simulations of given spaces at neighbourhood scale and how much this could cost (€ if possible).

Thank you a lot in advance!

Best,

Elisa

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Elisa,

It am very sure that it has nothing to do with multicore processing. However, Dishant's statement is correct that simulations with Student license only use 1 CPU core whereas other licenses allow to use all cores of the CPU that are available being thus much faster.

Did you enable NetCDF outputs? Maybe there is a standard library missing which is needed for NetCDF. If installing the missing libraries or deactivating it for test purposes does not help, you may attach all needed simulation files as zip here.

Best regards,
Tim

Dishant

Post by Dishant »

Hi Elisa,

It's about the parameters of the simulation which has to be selected while working in Envi-guide (number of core to be used option).

Regards,
Dishant