Problems with the simulation result

To this forum, we will move all questions that have been answered before several times or can simply be solved by reading the documentation we provide. Questions moved here will not be answered.
Felipemalves

Problems with the simulation result

Post by Felipemalves »

good night,

I did simulations to characterize an area in Bragança - Portugal during the spring and summer period (File called ZL_ALLDAY_21.05 or ZL_ALLDAY_15.07, as it was done on two different days), after this simulation I added some trees to my original model , through nature-based solutions (NBSs), in order to decrease the local temperature (File called ZL_NEW_21.05 or ZL_NEW_15.07).

However, my simulation's response shows that temperatures have increased rather than decreased.

Do you know what could have gone wrong?

(note: the monitoring model is called: Zona_Industrial, the new model with trees, is called: Zona_Industrial_INDNATUR)
Attachments
Workspace_Envimet.rar
(3.77 GiB) Downloaded 3 times

Felipemalves

Re: Problems with the simulation result

Post by Felipemalves »

These examples demonstrate how the temperature from one scenario to the next rose.

For the scenario without many trees, the maximum was 31.96 ºC and the minimum was 28.13 ºC. The scenario with the trees, on the other hand, was a maximum of 32.25 ºC and a minimum of 28.99 ºC
Attachments
Cenario Real (21.05.2020) - 14h.PNG
Cenario Intervencao (21.05.2020) - 14h.PNG

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

In future, please upload only the zip of the simulation files (SIMX, INX, FOX, EDB etc) not the output files. It takes too much time and disk space to download and unzip them. If really necessary you can attach one timestep of atmosphere for both scenarios to be compared but not all out folder of all simulations and all timesteps.

However, I could finally have a look at the INX files. The base scenarios have 3 m vertical resolution whereas the new greened cases have a 1 m vertical resolution. Maybe the difference is caused by that.

Best regards,
Tim

Felipemalves

Post by Felipemalves »

Thanks Tim again for your help, I apologize for the inconvenience, it was already late and I just sent everything together.

I changed the vertical resolution of the scene with new green cabinets, but the temperature went up even more.

Do you know if it could be some other error of my model?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

Could you attach the new SIMX and INX files only? Maybe you used very dense trees instead of those with low LAD?
We know that there are some shortcomings in modelling radiation and plants at the moment. We will overcome them with new developments that are released with the next version probably published in May. You may check this paper for more about this: https://www.mdpi.com/1999-4907/11/8/869.

Best regards,
Tim