Tempeture, humidity or CO2 field has become unstable

To this forum, we will move all questions that have been answered before several times or can simply be solved by reading the documentation we provide. Questions moved here will not be answered.
Felipemalves

Tempeture, humidity or CO2 field has become unstable

Post by Felipemalves »

Good evening,

I'm doing some simulations, but in the middle of the simulation I get this error message (Attachment),

Can you tell me what may have gone wrong?

thanks for the attention
Attachments
erro_envimet.JPG

Tim

Re: Tempeture, humidity or CO2 field has become unstable

Post by Tim »

Hi,

This issue was discussed probably more than 100 times in this forum. Please check the advice in the other threads and try the solutions there. If nothing of that helps (please provide information on all tests that you performed then), you may attach the files here as zip and we will have a look at it as well.

Best regards,
Tim

Felipemalves

Post by Felipemalves »

Good afternoon Tim,

I verified several answers, I believe that my case was for ghost cells.

The question is that I have 5 different areas to simulate, and my doubt when in each one of these errors, if they can all be for the same reason?

And I am not sure where or what this PANIC exit would be... And How can I open the variable that caused the crashed and see where the values got wrong?

Felipemalves

Post by Felipemalves »

Good afternoon Tim,

I verified several answers, I believe that my case was for ghost cells.

The question is that I have 5 different areas to simulate, and my doubt when in each one of these errors, if they can all be for the same reason?

And I am not sure where or what this PANIC exit would be... And How can I open the variable that caused the crashed and see where the values got wrong?

I thank you in advance for the immense attention

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

Yes, the areas might all contain the same issue then (if it was included in the base model area already).
PANIC dump is a normal output file than be opened in Leonardo (e.g. from the atmosphere folder). From the ENVIcore screenshot, I'd suggest that CO2 field got unstable. It might thus be connected to the trees. If you used high density trees, use trees with low LAD instead.

Best regards,
Tim

Felipemalves

Post by Felipemalves »

Good afternoon Tim,

Well, checking my models, when I convert them to 3D to be able to use the materials in the buildings, as well as windows, the simulation of this error.

When I reconvert to 2D, and they stick with the standard building material, the simulation runs correctly.

Is there anything that can be done?

helge

Post by helge »

Hi Felipe,

This is a good starting point for further investigations. If it worked in 2.5D but not with the 3D model, then there is something wrong vertical gridding of your model. The easiest way to find out would be to convert the 2.5D model to a new 3D model. You can then a simulation with this "fresh" 3D model.

Best
Helge