ENVI-met replaced invalid profiles in configuration

To this forum, we will move all questions that have been answered before several times or can simply be solved by reading the documentation we provide. Questions moved here will not be answered.
rohini

ENVI-met replaced invalid profiles in configuration

Postby rohini » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:01 am

Hope everyone doing well. as a new user of envimet, im facing some issues before running the simulation. after check is performed on envimet (simulate tab), the error shown in red is as follows: ' ENVI-met has replaced 4477 invalid profiles in this configuration'. in this regard what is to be done ?

best regards

Tim

Re: ENVI-met replaced invalid profiles in configuration

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:14 am

Hi,

If invalid profiles had to be replaced, something went wrong with your database. You defined the new profile somewhere (e.g. in a projectdatabase) and started a simulation within a different project folder, where this database item is not found. Please check the databases and where you defined that profile which is not found.

Best regards,
Tim

rohini

Postby rohini » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:24 am

Sir,
Thank you for your reply.

I created a new folder and repeated the whole process in order to not repeat similar mistakes. So, i got two errors this time while running a check before a final simulation run:

1) $$ Setting up model grid...Roughness legth z0: Maximum z0 is half the grid size dz of the lowest box.I have set it to the maximum possible value.
2) ENVI-met has replaced 22 invalid profiles in configuration.Grid Information:
$$ dxy(Main)=2.00 m Nesting:0 grids. dxy(Nest) m
$$ dz=2.00 (equidistant)
$$ Top of 3D Model is at 59.00 m height
$$ Highest object in model area is 12.00 m high

Please allow me to mention the details of the database :
-model dimensions: 60 by 60 by30
-size of grid size in meters: dx=2 dy=2 dz=2 (base height)
-no nesting grid
-highest building height is 12m. congested building structure.
-for simple forcing i have provided a roughness length of 0.8

Kindly help me in this regard.

Warm regards.

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:06 am

Hi,

Roughness length is adjusted because it was too high... I'd rather stick to the default value of 0.1.
About the error with your invalid profiles: As I said you have problem with the connection to your database. You digitized the model area e.g. with the userdatabase entries whereas you want to run the model out of a project where a project database is used and those soil entries are not included. Check the Getting Started videos about the Database to see what could have went wrong with your database (videos 3 and 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN-Vu14-BPQ&list=PL38puK0ekg-RIyxGe5tpz-1yznmUm9hg3&index=3).

Best regards,
Tim

Return to “Read the forum/ manual”