Warning in BIO-met

To this forum, we will move all questions that have been answered before several times or can simply be solved by reading the documentation we provide. Questions moved here will not be answered.
luna

Warning in BIO-met

Post by luna »

Dear Envimet-Team,

while trying to calculate in BIO-met the UTCI I received the warning: "object lock not owned". PMV and PET were no problem, just UTCI.

Do you have an advice how I can solve the problem?

Thank you.

Kind regards, Luna

Tim

Re: Warning in BIO-met

Post by Tim »

Hi Luna,

We never had or heard of this issue. Did you run the Biomet analysis while the simulation was still running? The object lock could refer to an output file which was written at the exact same time.

Best regards,
Tim

luna

Post by luna »

Hi Tim,

thank you for your fast respond.
I now tried to solve it with the installation of BIO-met version 1.5., but again comes the same warning.
When I close the warning message, the screen in Bio-met is frozen and I have to close and re-open the program to be able to work with BIO-met again.
For me it is so inexplicable, because PMV and PET do not cause any problems and therefore everything must have worked with the simulation and the results.

Best regards,
Luna

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Luna,

That is inexplicable for us as well right now. Could you give us more details? Which specifications do your simulation and model area have? Are you using a terrain? Shall UTCI be calculated for all cells or only in/up to a specific height? Is it calculated for one timestep, a specific range or the full range? Etc...

Best regards,
Tim

luna

Post by luna »

Hi Tim,

I tried with two models and both had the same problem. They size is 50x50x30 meters and they are very simple nothing complex (without vegetation, just buildings), I just wanted to check about the calculation time and the results before I begin my actual investigation. The results should be calculated over all for a certain time of day.
Before this, I worked with 4.4.4 and I never had problems, maybe I just try to uninstall ENVI-met 4.4.5 and install all new? Last thing I know to do.

Kind regards,
Luna

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Luna,

Now we found indeed a small bug for models with a very low vertical resolution (lowest grid cell at 0.1 m height). We updated Biomet. Please download the latest version from our homepage and see if the bug is fixed.

Best regards,
Tim

luna

Post by luna »

Hi Tim,

now it's working, thank you!

Best regards,
Luna