editing buildings

ENVI-met Monde World Editor (BETA)
marmuebn3

editing buildings

Post by marmuebn3 »

Hello,

I'm drawing a blank ....

If I'm editing a buillding in a Monde polygon layer, how to add a point (node) to an existing buliding at a certain location?

Thanks a lot!

M

Tim

Re: editing buildings

Post by Tim »

Hi,

I am pretty sure that it is not possible right now. I'd simply digitize the buildings in QGIS and import them in Monde afterwards. In QGIS, there are more digitization techniques available such as snapping, advanced digitization (rectangles etc.) or adding nodes.

Best regards,
Tim

marmuebn3

Post by marmuebn3 »

Thanks for the answer. In my opinion, an important feature that is missing. I frequently import the building geometry from OSM, but often I need to improve details and therefore add points to polygons. Often a building has two different heights (main building and extension) but only one shape in OSM and I even have to divide the building. The only solution left is to delete and re-digitize the building.

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

Yes, of course. That feature would definitely be helpful. In the meantime, you could also download the OSM data and redigitize it in QGIS and import it to Monde after that. Or simply add a new building with the same height instead of trying to expand the previous building part.

Best regards,
Tim

marmuebn3

Post by marmuebn3 »

Hello,

another question about editing buildings in MONDE:

Buildings in ENVI-met MONDE seem to be generally cuboid and have one particular height. In a small scaled (dy = dy ~ 2m) model I like to approach gable roofed buildings. To do that, I place three cuboid buldings that share one wall (respectively two walls for the inner, higher building that represents to upper part of the gable). I.E (the numbers are the hight)

for a building that 3 dx wide, 4 dy long with a North to South direction (the building and the gable) that has a gable, that is 3m higher than the roof edges.

I think that will work, BUT from ENVI-mets point of view I think this are three buildings and the "inner" walls have the characteristics of outer (normal) walls. This "inner" walls might be less permeable to heat flows as they are in a real building (i.e. there might be no walls). I do not aim into inner building conditions, but I'm wondering, if this will affect results in the vicinity of the buildings and may trigger problems concerning numerical stability of the model. Does someone have experience?

Thank you
M

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

That should definitely work fine. The walls will not be handled as outer walls, since they only have a building neighbour cell instead of an atmosphere neighbour cell.

Best regards,
Tim