Rhino to envi-met model problems

Discussions about all ENVI-met Plugins such as Grasshopper etc.
mdln94

Rhino to envi-met model problems

Post by mdln94 »

Hi,
I made a model in Rhino, and by using grasshopper I made an INX file for Envi-met.
But the model doesn't look perfect like the picture below.
KakaoTalk_Photo_2020-11-27-15-42-41.png
At first I thought there was some problems with that model.
However, when the entire model was spaced about 1cm above from the surface in rhino, it looked like the picture below.
So I think there is no problem with the shape of the model.
I am curious whether the model in the first picture is only visible problem or is not modeled properly.
If there is a problem, how can I solve it?
KakaoTalk_Photo_2020-11-27-15-42-52.png
Thanks for the help,
Su

AntonelloDN

Re: Rhino to envi-met model problems

Post by AntonelloDN »

Hi Su,

I think it is a question of tolerance, Rhino has this concept. Maybe the surfaces are not perfectly on the grid and what is below the grid is not recognized by DF-Legacy envimet components.

The strategy to move it up a bit the soil geometry is fine because it will be reprojected on the right plane when the INX is done. Soil surfaces to model can be moved also in this way, for example:
test_soil.PNG
So the second model is correct.

Best,
Antonello

mdln94

Post by mdln94 »

Thank you for your answer!

marjanmrd

Post by marjanmrd »

AntonelloDN wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:21 pm Hi Su,

I think it is a question of tolerance, Rhino has this concept. Maybe the surfaces are not perfectly on the grid and what is below the grid is not recognized by DF-Legacy envimet components.

The strategy to move it up a bit the soil geometry is fine because it will be reprojected on the right plane when the INX is done. Soil surfaces to model can be moved also in this way, for example:
test_soil.PNG

Best,
Antonello
Hi Antonello,
I have somehow the same problem. I do not know why roads and the river layer is not correctly simulated in envimet? Here is my model.

11.png

Bests,
Marjan
Attachments
33.PNG
22.PNG

marjanmrd

Post by marjanmrd »

marjanmrd wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:23 pm
AntonelloDN wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:21 pm Hi Su,

test_soil.PNG

Best,
Antonello
Hi Antonello,
I have somehow the same problem. I do not know why roads and the river layer is not correctly simulated in envimet? Here is my model.

11.png

Bests,
Marjan
I found the problem, just in case if it's someone else problem as well,
The layers which were not ok in my simulation were under the red axis. So all layers should be above the base surface and also the red axis.