Effect of greenings

This is the place to post and discuss your project results, ideas, visions and other things in your mind (...-related to ENVI-met ;)...) with other users.

Remember: This is a forum on technical Q on ENVI-met. We can not/ will not analyse your project results for you(although we might give hints).
Erika

Effect of greenings

Postby Erika » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:59 am

Hello everyone,

I'm struggling with the interpretation of a simulation result.
I am trying to show the effect of greenings on air temperature by comparing the air temperature values right next to a concrete building facade, with and without greenings. Due to the theoretical notions I have, I expected to find lower temperatures in the case with greenings. However it happens the air temperature is the same in both cases, for all the points.
I used a wall made up of (from outside to Inside) 25 cm of default cast dense concrete, 10cm of default insulation and 5cm of default plaster. Then I added the default green + sandy loam substrate (without air gap) on the outside.

I think the amount of sandy loam substrate (which absorbs heat), the thickness of the wall or the insulation could affect the results, so I am doing more tests, but actually I don't fully understand the mecanism that steps in. Nevertheless, the specific humidity is higher with greenings and this is what I was expecting.
So I would like to know if you think I could have done Something wrong.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Erika

Tim

Re: Effect of greenings

Postby Tim » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:57 am

Hi Erika,

Effect of greening on air temperature might not be as big as you expect it. However, it should be slightly cooler.
You may calculate biometeorological indices with BIOMET to get an idea about the improvement of thermal comfort.

Best regards,
Tim

Return to “Projects & Results & Ideas”