Project

This is the place to post and discuss your project results, ideas, visions and other things in your mind (...-related to ENVI-met ;)...) with other users.

Remember: This is a forum on technical Q on ENVI-met. We can not/ will not analyse your project results for you(although we might give hints).
jimorales

Project

Post by jimorales »

Hi,

Can you help me pls?

I would like to model a house which is in the picture, i.e. the walls of the first floor are made of concrete and the second, wood. Looking at the datebase, I didn't find wood, so I should create the material and assign all the parameters. Can I use different materials on the same building?.

You can see in the picture that the roof is triangle, is not posible model that geometry, right? How much could be my margin of error if i model it as a square?

Finally, i want to simulate to diferents SRI values. I'm confused. Reflection means SRI?

Regards, Jose
Attachments
Captura.PNG

Tim

Re: Project

Post by Tim »

Hi Jose,

Yes, you are able to use different wall materials for different floors of the house. Simply digitize them in 3D mode of Spaces.
Depending on the resolution that you choose for your model area, you are able to model the triangle roof going up in steps. The roof inclination is of course different to the real world roof but the margin of error should not be very high, especially if you are interest in the thermal comfort near the ground around the house.
Reflection is the albedo in our database.

Best regards,
Tim

jimorales

Post by jimorales »

Hi Tim,

Now Im trying to digitalize a stepped roof. I'm confused. If the ridge is on 5m so my dz grid should be of 1m; it's imposible if dz=2. Is that correct?
If I configure a resolution of 1 m, How much will affect it to my processing time?

Regards,
Jose

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Jose,

You can also do it in 2m resolution, it is only less accurate.
If you want to simulate with a dz of 1 m, be sure that you disable splitting. You would need twice the number of Z cells which will more or less need twice the amount of time to be simulated.

Best regards,
Tim

jimorales

Post by jimorales »

Hi Tim,

Thanks you for your help.

I have other question about my project. I want to digitalize these two trees. Are there any problem if these trees are crushing in my model?

Regards,
Jose
Attachments
real_arbol.PNG
Envi_arbol.PNG
Envi_arbol.PNG (10.71 KiB) Viewed 118 times

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Jose,

It is not a problem if you digitize those two trees. I don't know what you mean by crushing.

Best regards,
Tim

jimorales

Post by jimorales »

Sorry for my english :shock: ,

What I mean is in the model the leaves merge together.

Ty Tim,

Regards

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

Yes, depending on the resolution, the grid cells get bigger and thus trees are gridded in a rather coarse way. That is not a problem in general.

Best regards,
Tim

jimorales

Post by jimorales »

Thanks you Tim,

Now I have this situation with the tree and the building. Are there any problem?

Regards
Attachments
Captura.PNG
Captura.PNG (26.54 KiB) Viewed 108 times

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

I'd recommend to use the same resolution in X and Y direction. Your grid cells rather look distorted because one side is longer than the other.
I'd also try to place the tree not directly at the building. Leave some more space there.

Best regards,
Tim

jimorales

Post by jimorales »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your previous answer. Can you help me again pls?

My highest building has a height of 12m and ,in order to reduce my the processing time, I'm thinking in define 15 z grills with a resolution of 2m. Also a telescoping of 30% starting at 13m. I dont see any error in the model inspector, but i'd like to know your opinion about that.

Regards,
Jose

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Jose,

I'd reduce telescoping factor to 10 or 20 % and use 20 grid cells instead. It is just a feeling but I think it is better for stability.

Best regards,
Tim

jimorales

Post by jimorales »

Hi Tim,

I have a question about an error in Leonardo. When I activate the countourlayer, which represent the wind speed, I recibe this error. I can activate the layer, but after the error, I can't do anything else in Leonardo. Do you know what happend?

Thanks you for your help,
Jose
Attachments
error.PNG

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Jose,

I don't know what the error is here. Maybe the intervals between contourlayers are too narrow. I'd also recommend to disable the labels for each contourline.

Best regards,
Tim

jimorales

Post by jimorales »

Hi Tim,

Can you help me again pls?

I want to use the Forcing Manager, but I dont want to force the radiation because I didn't find the information of the city which I'm studying. I can select do not force radiation/clouds but What should I do with these columns in my csv file ?

Regards
Last edited by jimorales on Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.