problem in model runnng

This is the place to post and discuss your project results, ideas, visions and other things in your mind (...-related to ENVI-met ;)...) with other users.

Remember: This is a forum on technical Q on ENVI-met. We can not/ will not analyse your project results for you(although we might give hints).
Or Piperno

problem in model runnng

Post by Or Piperno »

dear ENVImet team

i start to run model and i got worning messege that stop the run.
i did not understend te problem if you can help me.

thank you
Or Piperno
Attachments
project.zip
(92.56 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
problem worrning.JPG

Tim

Re: problem in model runnng

Post by Tim »

Hi Or,

Please check all the existing threads about Panic Dump errors. We already recommended what to do then several times.

Best regards,
Tim

Or Piperno

Post by Or Piperno »

Hello
I recently received the attached post after introducing a model to run. I went through the forum discussions about the post, tried to make corrections and re-insert the file but the glitch came back. I would be very happy to understand what the problem is with the file and what I need to do for the run to be successful. I suspect the green walls I have added to certain buildings but if this is really the problem how do I create a model with green walls and that the run will be successful?

I would be happy for your help

Thank you

Or
Attachments
SdeDov02.06.2021 10m windspeed_output.zip
(401.33 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
sdedov.ENVImet 20052021.zip
(484.78 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
problem in model run.JPG

BGovehovitch

Post by BGovehovitch »

Hi Or,

I don't think the problem comes from the green facade.
To understand the problem, we need more information about the simulation: what kind of forcing do you use? When do you start the simulation?...

Best,
Benjamin

Or Piperno

Post by Or Piperno »

Good Morning
Following the answer you wrote to me I enclose 3 ENVIguide files on which I tried to run and the run failed.

I would be happy for your help
Thank you very much Or
Attachments
SdeDov30.05.2021.zip
(3.81 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

You are using wind speeds of 20 m/s and 10 m/s. That is way too much! Please try it with 1.5 m/s or 2 m/s.

Best regards,
Tim

Or Piperno

Post by Or Piperno »

The question is this. When I enter a figure of winds at a speed of 2 meters per second, the simulation also measures stronger winds than these, or at 2 meters per second, the extreme wind in the simulation will not exceed it.
I ask because in Israel the standard for comfortable winds is between 3-6 meters per second so I tried to calculate with stronger winds.

Thanks for the help

Or

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi,

Yes, of course, higher wind speeds are modelled if there is e.g. a wind channel. The input wind speed is only applied at the model area border. For stronger wind speeds, you may also try 3-4 m/s as input. That may cause turbulence however. More than 4-5 m/s is definitely not recommended.

Best regards,
Tim