Project

This is the place to post and discuss your project results, ideas, visions and other things in your mind (...-related to ENVI-met ;)...) with other users.

Remember: This is a forum on technical Q on ENVI-met. We can not/ will not analyse your project results for you(although we might give hints).
Tim

Re: Project

Post by Tim »

Hi Jose,

The software automatically lowered it to the maximum cloud coverage value of 8.

Best regards,
Tim

jimorales

Post by jimorales »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your answer. I thought that, but I have different results between 4-4-4 and 8-8-8. My results show that the software could differentiate the cloud coverage, but I don't know how much cloud coverage I have using 4-4-4. Do you have any idea? I’d like to think that it’s an intermediate value between 0-0-0 and 8-8-8, but I’m not sure

Regards,
Jose

Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Jose,

Yes, it makes a difference. In the case where you added 4-4-4, the sum of middle and low clouds was not more than 8, so only high clouds very deleted leaving low clouds and middle clouds at 4 each. In the case of 8-8-8 already low clouds had the max value of 8, so middle and high clouds were set to 0. Height of cloud coverage has an influence on the radiative fluxes, so it matters in which height levels the clouds are located. I would definitely recommend to fit in values that never exceed 8 in sum, so that the values don't have to be corrected internally.

Best regards,
Tim