Validation and Calibration

This is the place to post and discuss your project results, ideas, visions and other things in your mind (...-related to ENVI-met ;)...) with other users.

Remember: This is a forum on technical Q on ENVI-met. We can not/ will not analyse your project results for you(although we might give hints).
alireza

Validation and Calibration

Postby alireza » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:00 pm

Hello Dear ENVI-met team
Is this possible to use data 14m above ground(on a building roof) for validation Scientifically? and using resaults at any height?
The articles I've read using about 2m data.
Best

enviadmin
Site Admin

Re: Validation and Calibration

Postby enviadmin » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:19 am

you cannot calibrate model with just a few data in one height....
In most of the times the calibration if your used inout data is the main work anyway..
Michael

alireza

Postby alireza » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:41 pm

what about validation? is this possible?

enviadmin
Site Admin

Postby enviadmin » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:24 am

Validate what? Your data or the model?
And what part of the data and model?

No you need much much data etc. Also it won‘t make much sense to try to validate a model that has been validated dozens of times before. In the end you only validate the accuracy of your input data and boundary conditions etc
Michael

alireza

Postby alireza » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:34 pm

Hello again Dear Michael
Is this ok to use the measured data(AT&RH) in a point in a canyon, that is under study as a boundary condition for simulation, and after simulation, comparing that point data with the simulated result for calibration in an article?
because if I use the EPW file of a city or a station around that the results don't match properly(specifically Relative Humidity).
Best

Tim

Postby Tim » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:49 pm

Hi,

You could do that but you need to clarify that you put data which is measured in the center of your model area to the borders of the model area and then expect the results in the center of the model area to be the same as the input. That will not happen and will not make much sense at all.

You may use measured data from the border of the model area to force the model and consecutively check if the simulated values in the center of the area match your measured data of the center.

Best regards,
Tim

alireza

Postby alireza » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:06 pm

I've tried everything for matching the simulated and measured RH Data for my model because I need it for EnergyPlus simulation and I didn't get any good results(Simulated AT acceptable).
I have done my measurement in July and I can't measure another time.

Return to “Projects & Results & Ideas”