Problem with Air temperature

This is the place to post and discuss your project results, ideas, visions and other things in your mind (...-related to ENVI-met ;)...) with other users.

Remember: This is a forum on technical Q on ENVI-met. We can not/ will not analyse your project results for you(although we might give hints).
Nils

Problem with Air temperature

Postby Nils » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:55 pm

Hello,

I´m trying to model the influence of vegetation on the air temperature in a fictional town square.
In my simulations without vegetation the air temperature seems reasonable but with vegetation the air temperature rises an illogical amount.

AirTemp_25%Trees_12.png

Air Temperature with 25% Trees in the center.

AirTemp_25%Grass_12.png

Air Temperature with 25% Grass in the center.

AirTemp_withoutVeg_12.png

Air Temperature without vegetation.

The buildings consist of default material and the soil is grey concrete except the unsealend area with the vegetation.

I have no idea what the cause is.

Can you help me?

Best regards
Nils

helge

Re: Problem with Air temperature

Postby helge » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:25 am

Dear Nils,

that indeed does not seem right. Which trees did you use and what soil moisture did you set initially?

Cheers
Helge

enviadmin
Site Admin

Postby enviadmin » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:22 am

I don't think it has anything to do with the vegetation.
Where does the wind come from? and with which speed...
Are you shire your configuration files are the same (with 55°C air tem at the border...)
Also, you should take a higher cut than z=0...

Marc

helge

Postby helge » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:56 am

Dear Nils,

it seems to me that the boundary conditions are not the same - please try using the simple forcing boundary condition by for example using the beginner mode of the ENVI-Guide.

Cheers
Helge

Nils

Postby Nils » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Hello,

I used [0000B3] Quercus Robur. The soil moisture and almost all other Settings are default.

The wind comes from East with 3 m/s. I am pretty shure that the Simulation files are the same but I will double check this now.

Ok I will test the Beginner-mode.

Thank you all

-Update-

It seems like the Beginner-mode is working. I still have no idea what caused these strange temperatures.

alireza

Postby alireza » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:15 pm

Hi dear ENVI-met Team
I have measured the air temperature in 6 canyons by different data loggers and the air temperature reach the 45C in the summer But in simulation because of using the meteorological stations, it reaches 39C and it is not in good agreement. this is a validation issue. My model is 260*260*30 in Tehran(Hot and Dry) and simulated in 24h by CSV file. What are your suggestions for reaching a suitable peak at AT?
Thank's

Tim

Postby Tim » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:35 am

Hi,

Please open new threads for new topics in future.
I would take the data of the canyon data loggers as FullForcing input if the outside meteorological stations are too inaccurate.

Best regards,
Tim

Return to “Projects & Results & Ideas”