Relative humidity too high

This is the place to post and discuss your project results, ideas, visions and other things in your mind (...-related to ENVI-met ;)...) with other users.

Remember: This is a forum on technical Q on ENVI-met. We can not/ will not analyse your project results for you(although we might give hints).
charlescollin

Relative humidity too high

Postby charlescollin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:49 pm

Hi community,

I experiment weird results with relative humidity results. The range is between : 97% and 102% ... ??
8h am
12312.JPG

15am
333.JPG

*P.s uploading a screenshot ins't userfriendly... + cannot attach log file as the extension is .rtf .....

Best,
-CC

Tim

Re: Relative humidity too high

Postby Tim » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:31 pm

Hi,

Do you use SimpleForcing, FullForcing or open, cyclic LBC?
If Forcing is used, where does the data come from? Might the values come from the forced ones?
Are there any plants in your model area?

Best regards
Tim

charlescollin

Postby charlescollin » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:51 am

Hi tim,

I'm not sure if forcing have been used as I'm directly writing the .sim file from Grasshopper (Dragonfly plugin written by Antonello Denunzio). The only thing I provide to the GHcomponent is temperature and relative humidty (71% in that case). So I think the plugin yet do not set simpleforcing or fullforcing.

regarding the LBC, I think by default the Dragonfly plugin set LBC temp and humidity to open, and LBC turbulence to forced.

Yes there is alot of vegetation in the model, but 97% relative humidity doesn't make sens.

Thank for your time tim !
-CC

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:06 am

Hi,

The Open LBC is corrupted since we run in parallel mode. You might try cyclic or SimpleForcing and see if the values are still strange.
You simulated 21.06. but the simulation title says December. This could also cause the problem (wrong irradation values that do not fit your input values of temperature and humidity).

Best regards
Tim

charlescollin

Postby charlescollin » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 am

Hi tim ,

So until you fix this issue we cannot use Open LBC anymore ? I will give cycle a try...

About the title of the simulation, its ok. its my mistake while naming the file.

thanks,
-CC

Tim

Postby Tim » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:10 am

Hi,

I would suggest to use SimpleForcing. And as I saw you other post, you might definitely decrease your timesteps (at least to the default values).

Best regards
Tim

Return to “Projects & Results & Ideas”