How to extract facade temperature?

All around LEONARDO 4 (and previous 2014)
BGovehovitch

How to extract facade temperature?

Postby BGovehovitch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:51 am

Hi,

My question may seem pretty simple but I cannot figure out how to extract the facade temperature with Leonardo. I can visualize them but I also need to export them. I tried the Export map layer button, without any success.

I also have some issues with Leonardo display. The "Assign Map Layer and Elements" menu is behaving strangely as you can see on the attached pictures. The menu is not resizable and the scroll menu does not work well. Is it a known issue? Or the bug is coming from my computer?

leonardo-1.PNG

leonardo-2.PNG

Thank you for your help.
Benjamin

Tim

Re: How to extract facade temperature?

Postby Tim » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:25 am

Hello Benjamin,

you can extract the Facade Data in 3D exactly as data in 2D mode by a right click on the cell which shall be analyzed.
Check this tutorial at 3:45 if you don't know what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecq-Crl3Jhc.

About the Menu Bug: I cannot replicate the problem. When does it happen?

Best regards
Tim

enviadmin
Site Admin

Postby enviadmin » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:34 am

The bug in the menue is actually a bug in WINDOWS when you use a scaling of 125% of the text elements.
It should have been solved on most system, but obviously not on all of them.
There simply nothing we can do about it. If you re-scale your screen elements to 100% or 150% if should be ok

Michael

BGovehovitch

Postby BGovehovitch » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi!

Thank you Tim and Michael for your fast reply.
The problem with the half-hidden-button came from Windows. Then it is solved!

But the extraction of the facade value is not solved yet. I have no problem to extract a time series of a single point. But what I am trying to do is to extract the facade value for every cell of this facade at a specific time. I have read on an other topic on the forum that there is no way to extract multiple points. I hope the situation is not the same in my case. I need to get access to facade temperatures to evaluate their heterogeneity and time variability. I have seen your advice on an other topic about EDX/EDI documentation to write a routine to get an average of the temperature of a facade. But I am not sure what documentation you are talking about.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Benjamin

enviadmin
Site Admin

Postby enviadmin » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:14 am

I am afraid there is no direct way to do this.
For the format description please go to envi-met.info and then to the file format references

Mark

BGovehovitch

Postby BGovehovitch » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:45 pm

Thank you very much!

I have been able to write a routine to extract the data I needed. Then my problem is solved.

Benjamin

Deekshitha Kaushik

Postby Deekshitha Kaushik » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:52 am

BGovehovitch wrote:Thank you very much!

I have been able to write a routine to extract the data I needed. Then my problem is solved.

Benjamin

@BGovehovitch, if you are still on the forum, would you mind sharing the method you used to extract this information? I am currently trying to extract average facade temperature on every facade at different times to study effect of facade vegetation

Best,
Deekshitha Kaushik

helge

Postby helge » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:27 am

Deekshitha Kaushik wrote:

Benjamin

@BGovehovitch, if you are still on the forum, would you mind sharing the method you used to extract this information? I am currently trying to extract average facade temperature on every facade at different times to study effect of facade vegetation

Best,
Deekshitha Kaushik

Have a look here: https://youtu.be/8cqQ4Rj1RwY?t=247
It works exactly the same when clicking on the facade layer 3D in the map windows.

Best
Helge

BGovehovitch

Postby BGovehovitch » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Deekshitha Kaushik wrote:

Benjamin

Best,
Deekshitha Kaushik

@Deekshitha Kaushik Note at all! I just went to this page: http://envi-met.info/doku.php?id=filereference:edx_edi

Everything about output files is clearly described. This way, you can use every language you want (I tried with Python, R and PHP) to read the binary files and do the calculations that you need.

Best regards!

Benjamin

Deekshitha Kaushik

Postby Deekshitha Kaushik » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:26 pm

Thanks Helge an Benjamin I'll try this.

Return to “LEONARDO 4”