Wall temperature

All around LEONARDO 4 (and previous 2014)
verticalgreenteam

Wall temperature

Postby verticalgreenteam » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:49 am

What is the difference betwwen "Wall: air temperature in front of facade" and "Wall: node 1 temperature"? I want to compare a situation with living and a situation without. Is the facade reverring to the green wall? I don't think so because I get a value for the simulation without any green facades.

Thank you!

Tim

Re: Wall temperature

Postby Tim » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:52 am

Hi,

"Wall: air temperature in front of facade" is the air temperature in front of the facade as it says.
"Wall: node 1 temperature" is the temperature of the facade itself.
Greenings have their own output fields and are filled with values if greening is used in the simulation.

Best regards,
Tim

verticalgreenteam

Postby verticalgreenteam » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:06 pm

But what is the difference between in front of the facade(buildings) and air temperature (atmosphere)? Is the distance different?

Tim

Postby Tim » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:08 pm

Hi,

No, that should be the same value. It just makes the analysis easier because you don't have to switch between the different output folders.

Best regards,
Tim

verticalgreenteam

Postby verticalgreenteam » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:14 am

Is the parameter "Greening: air temperature in front of facade" also air temperature"? I don't understand the difference between "Greening: air temperature in front of facade" also air temperature" and "Wall: air temperature in front of facade".

Thank you

Tim

Postby Tim » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi,

Best explained by an example:
If you have a greening in front of your wall and you want to compare your study results with a case study without greening to see the effects. Then, you will compare air temp in front of greening (case study with greening) against air temp in front of wall (case study without greening). That's why you need both output fields...

Best regards,
Tim

shagha555

Postby shagha555 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi,
I am working on my dissertation in urban albedo and I have some questions regarding to "Node"s.
What is the different between Node 1 and 6??
I checked my results and find out my maximum temperature in Node 1 is 75.29 degree Celsius while in Node 6 is 32.94!!
my location is in London and my simulation is in 21st of June; I think 75 degree is not logical! I am not sure which Node I have to choose in my analysis!

I want to compare different scenarios regarding to Albedo. I want to analyse the reflected sw radiation as well. Would you please tell me the difference between "building: reflected sw radiation" and wall:reflected sw radiation"?
Other parameters which I checked were "surface albedo", "T surface" and "Q-sw direct". It is very kind if you help me with this and let me know what else I have to consider for the Albedo.

Sorry to ask so many questions
Thanks in advance
Shay

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:29 am

Hi Shay,

Node 1 is the outside and Node 7 the inside of the facade. "wall:reflected sw radiation" gives the value for each facade element, "building: reflected sw radiation" is the averaged value for the whole facade.
Please check out this new expert video about building physics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArjEKtex9Mc. These questions and all of feature ones should be answered there.

Best regards,
Tim

shagha555

Postby shagha555 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Thanks a lot for the video, it helps a lot.
I just want to know is it logical to have the temperature about 75 degree Celsius on the facade in London?
Best
Shay

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi Shay,

Yes, the outer layer may show those values if direct shortwave radiation hits it.

Best regards,
Tim

shagha555

Postby shagha555 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:39 pm

Thanks Tim

Return to “LEONARDO 4”