Shell command

Discussions about the Version 4 concerning the core model simulations
Jonas1

Shell command

Postby Jonas1 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 am

Dear ENVI-met Team,

for automation reasons I would like to start and close ENVI-met through the windows cmd shell.
I was able to start the simulation like your version 4.4.2 update notes say ("ENVI-met and ENVI-met console can be started using parameters (Example: envimet4.exe ABSOLUTEPATHTOWORKSPACE PROJECTNAME SIMXFILE.SIMX)[/quote]"). This works perfectly.

Now my question: Is there a way to tell ENVI-met to close, once a simulation is completed?

Best regards
Jonas

Tim

Re: Shell command

Postby Tim » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi Jonas,

We have not yet thought about that but are eager to implement it for the upcoming release!
Thanks for the hint.

Best regards,
Tim

Jonas1

Postby Jonas1 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:48 pm

Hi Tim,

that would be nice!

Can you instead tell me, what is the very last thing a simulation run does? Like for example creating a specific file. If I knew that maybe I could just close ENVI-met once that file exists.

Best regards
Jonas

Tim

Postby Tim » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:14 pm

Hi Jonas,

The last file to be written is an EDT file with the timestamp of 59 minutes and 59 secons (i.e. 59.59 at the end of the timestamp in the filename).
In addition, you will have to be sure which output file is written at last. If you don't use specific things such as Pollutants, Photocat, or IVS, the last written output file will by in the buildings output folder.

Best regards,
Tim

BGovehovitch

Postby BGovehovitch » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi Tim and Jonas,

I'd like to inject one thought here because I'm interested in automating simulations as well.
I think that the last written file at the end of the simulation is the simName.LOG.rtf file in the log directory. Thus, as long as the log directory, the simulation is running. Am I right?

Best regards,
Benjamin

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for the hint! I thought about the Log-File as well but thought it might be written/updated for every timestep but apparently I am wrong. You are absolutely right, it is the last file to be written and thus suits best for analyzing if the simulation is finished!

Best regards,
Tim

Return to “ENVI-met 4 (Main Simulation Model)”