layer height

Post here for very basic questions and request for help...
But: BEFORE you post, read the older posts if your question hasn't been answered before.
Please be specific. Q like "I don't understand ENVI-met" will most likely be ignored.
ella ma

layer height

Postby ella ma » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:37 am

hi

I want the data at the height of 1.5m.
So I set as follows.
but the results do not have 2.5m data.
How can I set the setting or get the data at the height of 1.5m.

Best wishes
Ella
Attachments
2019-09-05 15_34_15-Change or create model domain settings.png

Tim

Re: layer height

Postby Tim » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:01 am

Hi Ella,

Data output is generated for the middle of cells, for example if you do not use Splitting and have a resolution of 3 m in Z, you will get your output for 1.5 m height. With Splitting it gets more complicated but you can check the heights in the tab Tools and the dialog Model Inspector.
I would not start telescoping at the height of 2.5 m. It should be started well above the highest building to stretch the higher atmosphere cells.

Best regards,
Tim

ella ma

Postby ella ma » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:03 pm

hi Tim,

Thanks for your suggestion.
I need to focus the pedestrian level,which is 1.5 m height. Therefore, it need to slit the cell in the lowest cell.
The highest is 113. if I begin at 113 m, it needs more cell vertically.
So do you have any idea? Or if i start telescoping at 2.5, it would reduce the accuracy of the data at 1.5m ?

Thank you.
Ella

Tim wrote:Hi Ella,

Data output is generated for the middle of cells, for example if you do not use Splitting and have a resolution of 3 m in Z, you will get your output for 1.5 m height. With Splitting it gets more complicated but you can check the heights in the tab Tools and the dialog Model Inspector.
I would not start telescoping at the height of 2.5 m. It should be started well above the highest building to stretch the higher atmosphere cells.

Best regards,
Tim

Tim

Postby Tim » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:07 pm

Hi,

My suggestion is to try ou the ModelInspector Tool and see which resolution with splitting will give you the 1.5 m height and when to start telescoping in order to reach a sufficient height.

Best regards,
Tim

Return to “Beginner's Corner”