calibration with In&Out case study

Post here for very basic questions and request for help...
But: BEFORE you post, read the older posts if your question hasn't been answered before.
Please be specific. Q like "I don't understand ENVI-met" will most likely be ignored.
Aaya Kamal

calibration with In&Out case study

Postby Aaya Kamal » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:15 pm

hello..
I downloaded "In and Out" studycase to calibrate my work, I didn't get the same results when I re-modeled the study case, i don't know what's wrong? what should I do to make sure that I can use your software probably.. I attached space file(.INX) file and the database file (.edb) file and (.SIMX)file, so you can check my work if you want..
please help me ..
Attachments
Aaya.Calibration.rar
(8.16 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Tim

Re: calibration with In&Out case study

Postby Tim » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi,

Before I make the effort of starting and analyzing your simulation and compare it to our case study, could you please show some of your analysis, plots e.g.? What/Where are the differences? What do you think is wrong there?
Maybe we find some errors there.

First thing I saw is that you only simulated 6 hours and started at 9.
Please use the same SIMX options provided by the case study files online.

Best regards,
Tim

Aaya Kamal

Postby Aaya Kamal » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:12 pm

thank you for responce Mr.Tim....
-the attachement shows some of the problems and differences i found, but there is werid results i have in building temperature (inside) it is -273.15 C !!!
-concerning the simulation settings, there are 2 things i made:
1-as you noticed i changed the simulation duration to save time, i chose limited duration just to check my work.. does this affect the results?
it will take many days on my computer to finish 10days simulation!!
2- in your model, i noticed that you didn't force wind, so i didn't as well.

looking forward for your valuble response...
Attachments
Aaya.calibration.results.rar
(189.41 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Tim

Postby Tim » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:47 am

Hi,

About the -273.15 °C: We found a small bug which caused the building indoor temperature output to contain these NoDataValues seldomly and randomly but fixed it. It will be released with the next update. More about that can be found in this thread: http://www.envi-hq.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2978&sid=984de152f687a05a5edf42c1411bf12e

Yes, this shorter simulation period affects the results. First because you don't have a spin-up of material heating over the course of several days and in your case especially not over the course of the morning hours, which you skipped. The results are thus not comparable. 48 hours of output might be enough to check it but you definitely have to start the simulation at the same time of the day. Moreover, it has to be the same day (you started at 27th of June instead of the 23rd of June)!
Additionally, you compared air temperature in front of facade instead of the facade temperatures of the outer node. For some output comparisons you even compared output time of 11 am with output time of 12 am.

Yes, we did not force wind, that option is set correctly.

Best regards,
Tim

Aaya Kamal

Postby Aaya Kamal » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:56 pm

hello tim,
- about error in building inside temp. results, can i submit the results now or i sould wait for the new update? and wil i get the update on my student license?
- output files in studycase files start on 27 june though it's written in PDF that you started the simulation on 23, so i have to start the simulation in23 then compare with available outputs.. no other options?

finally thank you for your effort and patience,

best regards

Aaya

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:09 am

Hi Aaya,

Fortunately, we just released a small update. You may download the newest version online. The building indoor temperature will be calculated correctly there.
Yes, you need to start the simulation at 23rd of June with the duration given in order to compare the results of the 27th of June.

Best regards,
Tim

Aaya Kamal

Postby Aaya Kamal » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:04 am

Dear Tim,
I feel deeply grateful for your help and valuable response, choosing your software were an excellent choice...
i don't know how to get the newest update- i use student licsence-

best regards,
Aaya

Tim

Postby Tim » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:54 am

Hi Aaya,

Thank you, we are very happy to hear that!
You can download the updated version from our homepage as usual. You just have to install and activate the license again.

Best regards,
Tim

Return to “Beginner's Corner”