Postprocess of Emissions

All around LEONARDO 4 (and previous 2014)
solin578

Postprocess of Emissions

Postby solin578 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:55 am

Hello Envi-Met Team,

Here I set some pollutants in database manager, let the 'user defined' one present itself as 'CO' and 'NO2' one as 'NOx'. After I simulated the model, there only was the user defined pollutant concentration present in the postprocess. There was no emission of NO2, NO or NOx available, although I had already defined them as required. Pollutant calculation was on in simulation file, it was multi pollutant and my user defined pollutant was set as CO and callled "Emission". There only was "Emission" concentration and distribution profile available to inspect in Leonardo, but no NOx components.

Second issue is, the emission velocity and temperature cannot be set on the simulation or spaces files, which leads me to calculate the ppm value with respect to the grid area, where it leads to extremely low emission velocity, which is unrealistic. In order to increase the velocity, the ppm should also increase, but that is not realistic either, I really need an advice.

Yours respectfully,

solin578

Tim

Re: Postprocess of Emissions

Postby Tim » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:22 pm

Hi solin578,

So, you entered emission profiles for NO and NO2 in the database manager for a specific source? This source was digitized in Spaces and in the ENVIguide, you activated MultiPollutant and a type for the user emission profile? I don't see what the issue could be there. You could check this document for some more details about pollutant modelling: http://www.envi-met.info/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=kb:knowledgebase_sources.pdf. Maybe you will find a hint what could possibly went wrong.

The temperature is indeed not possible to be set for emission profiles. The velocity, however, is somehow included by the unit in which you enter the emissions in the database manager. I.e. the values for a point source should be given in ug/s and is thus a flux of the emitted pollutant.

Best regards,
Tim

solin578

Postby solin578 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:08 pm

Hello Tim,

I entered emission profiles for the hours of the simulation, i.e. between 12:00 - 17:00. The emission profiles I entered are NO2 and User specified pollutant, where I put COx data in the user specified one. I activated MultiPollutant, and typed the user emission profile as "Emission". I followed exactly the same steps on the sheet you sent me as a guide, I rechecked, and it is the same.

The problem is, while postprocessing I can plot the diagram of "Emission Concentration (ug/m3)" on the other hand, I cannot see any profile of NOx or NO2 or NO -I don't expect NO or NOx emission but, I checked them already- neither of them, when I try to plot diagrams as I did to Emission pollutant. They both have the same hours filled in data manager, are made available for calculation by multipollutant mode, but still, no data comes from Leonardo.

In order to fix the velocity problem, I'll change the pollutant geometry as a point rather than the area, and tell the results as soon as possible. But this is another point than the emission plotting, which I still couldn't find any solution by myself.

Thank you for your time,

solin578

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:45 pm

Hi,

CO2 seems to be treated differently in the code. If you choose something else than CO2 as user pollutant type, the NO2 concentration is simulated.

Best regards,
Tim

solin578

Postby solin578 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:39 pm

Hello again,

So does it mean that I cannot simulate NO2 with CO2 emission? Is it impossible to make in a one common cell or in the same simulation itself? What do you suggest for obtaining both results in one simulation?

Best regards,

solin578

Tim

Postby Tim » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:56 pm

Hi solin578,

No, I don't see it working within the same cell. You could try to create two sources (one for CO2 and one for NO2) and place them in cells next to each other but I don't know if that works.

Best regards,
Tim

Return to “LEONARDO 4”