Vertical Greening

PRAJAKTA RAHATE

Vertical Greening

Postby PRAJAKTA RAHATE » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:48 pm

Hello,
I have purchased the student's version and stuck up on 'How is vertical greening done?'
How do I add plants/ climbers on the walls of my model created???

I am running simulations separately for Green Roofs, Vertical greening and permeable surfaces for my particular model; and hence need help as I am unable to do so. Also is there any tutorial or video available except 'facade greening'?

Regards,
Prajakta

Tim

Re: Vertical Greening

Postby Tim » Sat May 02, 2020 9:01 am

Hi Prajakta,

Which questions could not be answered by the tutorial video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQZx02v0HQg). Which step did not work for you?

Best regards,
Tim

PRAJAKTA RAHATE

Postby PRAJAKTA RAHATE » Sat May 16, 2020 3:23 am

Dear Tim,

Appreciate and thanking you for your quick response!!
Please find the attached screen shot. My area is 250m X 250m. My building heights are 6,9 and 18m. I have used (0000SM)category of tree and [0100XY] category of grass.
(i) have i digitized my model correctly?
(ii) the building on the left corner of the scree has to be treated with green walls on only two directions: west and south side, i am unable to add vegetation over it. as i start adding vegetation, the grass type gets added besides the building and not on the surface of the wall. this is my issue!

Regards,
Prajakta
Attachments
For Green Walls.JPG

Tim

Postby Tim » Sat May 16, 2020 6:39 am

Hi Prajakta,

I would say that it is way to much greenery and would reduce the amount of trees and grass.
However, I see that you buildings have a slight green color and thus all have greenery applied already. You digitize it in 3D mode of buildings. The other very green areas are only coming from the trees and grass. Did you follow my link from above? You can see the same color on buildings there.

Best regards,
Tim

PRAJAKTA RAHATE

Postby PRAJAKTA RAHATE » Mon May 18, 2020 6:12 pm

Dear Tim,
Thanks for verifying and commenting on my model!
The greenery shown in the model, is the existing vegetation on the site; and so nothing extra added by me.
Yes I did follow the link and then came up with this. I shall still rectify some errors and get back if required.

Thank you again!
Regards,
Prajakta

Return to “Biomet”